There are so many famous places to visit in Karachi for fun. Karachi is the largest city in Pakistan. Karachi is called a city of lights. Many people come to Karachi for sightseeing. People come from far and wide to see the attraction here.
Therefore, people come here to enjoy the famous places to visit in Karachi, especially the Mazar-e-Quaid, Port Grand Food Street, historical sites, and the famous museum. Food and shopping enthusiasts also flock to Karachi. Karachi tops the list of entertainment destinations. Karachi is the center of attention of the people because of its beauty and cheerful people.
famous places to visit in Karachi
Plan your sightseeing experience with our famous places to visit in Karachi. Take a focus:
- Port Grand
- Eiffel Town Bahria town Karachi
- Mohatta Palace
- Do Darya
- Hawke’s Bay Beach
- Charna Island
- PAF Museum
- Pakistan Maritime Museum
- Dreamworld Resort, Hotel & Golf Course
- The Chaukandi Tombs
- National Museum
- Frere Hall
As you know, Quaid-e-Azam is the founder of Pakistan. One of the Great and courageous leaders of the sub-continent was Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah. Who worked hard to give Muslims their rights, and finally Pakistan became independent on August 14, 1947. One year after Pakistan became independent, in 1948 he passed away. He was buried in Karachi.
The first Tomb of Muhammad Ali Jinnah was unpaved. The Tomb was paved in 1966. General Ayub made a map of Mazar-e-Quaid from three countries but they were rejected by Muhammad Ali Jinnah’s sister Fatima Jinnah.
After that, Fatima gives the shrine designed by the famous architect Yahya Merchant. The height of this Mazar is 101 feet. This shrine is very beautifully built. Quaid-e-Azam’s used car, clothes, shoes, and many other things are present in Mazar-e-Quaid, which is visited by thousands of people every day.
- Things to do: Here you can see the items used by Quaid-e-Azam. You can visit museum and park with your family.
- Events: Quaid-e-Azam’s birth and death ceremonies, 14 August, and 23rd March events are celebrated here.
- Location: Mazar-e-Quaid is located at M.A Jinnah road, Central Jacob Lines Ghm , Karachi City, Sindh
Port Grand is also one of the famous places to visit in Karachi. It is built on top of a19th century seaport. This is a family place where you can come with your family and enjoy everything here. Port Grand is a place surrounded by water and this place is so beautiful and beautifully built that outlooks are envious.
You will find all kinds of entertainment to enjoy here. Tourists from abroad definitely visit this place. The food here is very popular. It is one of the famous tourist places to visit in Karachi.
At night, the beauty of this place is enhanced. This Port Grand, built on top of the seaport, glows with lights at night, and the reflection of this light on the water looks very beautiful. Special events are also held in Port Grand, such as Eid, 14 August, etc.
- Attraction: The street food here is very popular and you will find all kinds of food here. Music concert, fire dance, shopping areas, and play areas for children.
- Entry tickets: One person entry charges is 300 rupees out of which 200 rupees of voucher will be given which you can go in and spend on food and rides.
- Location: Port Grand is located at opposite PNSC Building, West Wharf, Karachi city, Pakistan.
Eiffel Tower Bahria Town Karachi
This tower has been made a visit place for tourists in Karachi Bahria Town. f you have been wanting to see the Eiffel Tower since childhood and your dream has remained till today, the Bahria Town has brought you a copy of the Eiffel Tower Paris which is one of the famous places to visit in Karachi.
The height of this tower is 263 ft. People living in Bahria Town and those who are coming from far and wide enjoy the beauty and scenery of this place.
Our advice to you is that if you have come to Karachi or are a resident of this place, then you must visit this place, surely you will have a lot of fun. You can come here with your family and friends.
This Tower is considered the tallest Tower in Pakistan. The elevator in the tower allows you to reach it’s high and you can enjoy the beautiful scenery from the height.
There is a lot of greenery around this tower and there is also a park. Tourists come here and children play. At night, the lights on the tower add to its beauty. You cant bring any food or drinks from outside. There are canteens for tourists from where you can buy anything to eat. You must visit this famous place in Karachi and you will never be disappointed.
- Attractions: Beautiful Eiffel Tower and night view of this tower.
- Things to do: You can take an elevator in the Eifel tower. Park and canteens.
- Entry ticket: Entry ticket for adults Rs 200 and for children Rs 100.
- Eiffel Tower Lift Ticket: Rs 1000 for adults and Rs 700 for children.
- Location: Eiffel Tower Bahria Town Karachi is located at Jinnah Ave, Gadap Town, Karachi, Sindh.
The palace was built in 1927 by Shiv Ratan Chandratan Mohatta. Stones used in the construction of this palace are pink stones from Jodhpur, Rajasthan, India. The palace was built by mixing the yellow stones of the local Gizri with the pink stone. Mohatta Palace is a two-story building spanning thousands of yards. Designed by Muslim architect Agha Muhammad Hussain, the palace was built by Shiv Ratan as a summer house.
The palace is close to Clifton, which makes sea breezes very calm in summer. Shiv Ratan and his family used the palace for 2 decades and after the separation of Pakistan and India, they left the palace and went to India. Since then the palace has been under the supervision of the Pakistani government.
The palace is so quiet that every visitor enjoys its beauty and tranquil atmosphere. The palace was turned into a museum in 1999 and has two exhibitions. One for the Arts and one for the cemetery. This is the tomb of Fatima Jinnah.
- Attraction: World famous painter’s painting is in the museum as attraction and many more attraction are there.
- Things to do: Here is museum inside you can enjoy every history and historical things you can observe.
- Entry ticket: 30 Rupees per person and for children its free.
- Location: Mohatta palace is located at 7 Hatim Alvi Rd, Block 5 Old Clifton, Karachi, Paksitan.
Do Darya is one of the best beaches in Karachi. The beauty of this place is that due to its natural features, two seas meet here, and hence it is known as Do Darya.
This place is also considered one of the famous places to visit in Karachi. This beach is very popular among tourists and thousands of people come here daily with family and friends.
Tourists here give priority to fishing and have a lot of fun. Cool breezes, noisy beach, and eye-catching views are soothing.
The highlight of the beach is a large number of restaurants here. The strip of restaurants on Do Darya offers beautiful views. The restaurants here are very beautiful and delicious food is their hallmark. The beach views from the restaurants are amazing and beautiful. The name of the restaurants here is Kolachi, Charcoal, Sajjad, Kababjees, and Al-Habib restaurants.
These restaurants are also considered as one of the best restaurants in Karachi. If you live in Karachi and have not come to Do Darya yet, it is the end of misfortune. Visit this place right away and enjoy the beautiful scenery and delicious food here.
- Attractions: Sunset view, a strip of restaurants with colorful and amazing lighting are its biggest attractions.
- Things to do: Fishing, Picnic spot, Restaurants, play areas for children in restaurants, and worthing views of the beach.
- Restaurants near Do Darya: Kolachi Restaurant, Charcoal Restaurant, Sajjad Restaurant, Kababjees Restaurant, and Al-Habib Restaurant.
Hawke’s Bay Beach
Hawke’s Bay is considered one of the best beaches in Karachi. You can estimate its beauty by going there yourself. Its fresh breezes and noisy waves touch the soul. It is among very famous places to visit in Karachi which feels very calm. Thousands of tourists visit this place every day for a picnic and walk.
You can also come here with friends and family. This is a great vacation point. People can stay here for the night. People also swim here but it is dangerous. Water creations can also be seen on the beach here.
- Attraction: The beauty of this beach is in its clear crystal water and in the small mountains here. The colors of these mountains are different. And it looks so beautiful when the water of the beach hits them.
- Things to do: Horse riding, camel riding, boating, bonfire, etc.
- Stay: There are many huts and rest houses built here that you can choose according to your range. Their price is according to their beauty.
- Location: Hawke’s Bay Beach is located at 20 km southwest of Karachi city.
Charna Island is the most beautiful Island in Pakistan. To get to Charna Island, you must first reach the city Campus and an hour’s drive from here to Manjhar Ghot in Mubarak Village.
It will take you about an hour to reach the island by boat. An Island in the middle of the sea which is very attractive for adventure covers and entertainers. The mysterious attraction of the road and plains burrowing through the mountains attracts tourists. There is no answer to the beauty of this path.
Manjhar Ghot’s hospitality makes people feel quite calm. It has become a popular place and attracts a lot of visitors. There will be no danger while diving here. Diver experts will monitor you here and give you total safety.
If you are afraid to go underwater, you can stay on the boat and enjoy the sea level with your life jacket. The depth of Charna Island is between 20 to 30 feet. You are taken 10 to 20 feet down while scuba diving, so you can see marine life and you can enjoy its beautiful scenery.
- Attraction: Most attractive Island with crystal green water. and this rocky Island has no shores, and the water there is a smooth as it gets and rich in marine life.
- Best time to visit: The best time to visit Charna is between November and April. The mystery behind the water seeming to be warmer in winters than summers has really makes it a wonderful experience.
- Things to do: Snorkeling, Cliff jumping, Scuba diving with instructor.
- Location: Charna Island is located at near Mubarak village, Kiamari Town in Karachi.
This mosque is very beautiful and very big and has its own example. This mosque is considered one of the best and most famous places to visit in Karachi.
The mosque is the only quiet place for Muslims where they please their God. Masjid-e-Tooba is also commonly called Gol Masjid because the Mehrab in which people offer their prayers is designed in a round style.
The mosque was designed by Pakistani architect Babar Hamid Chauhan and the engineer was Zaheer Haider Naqvi. About 5000 people can offer prayers in this mosque. The Dome of the mosque is 65 meters ( 213 feet ) high. The minaret of this mosque is 37 meters ( 121 feet ) high.
About 7000 mirrors add to the beauty of this mosque. The use of marble stones near 776800 is also the reason for the fame of this mosque. The total area of this mosque is 5570 square meters. There is no speaker in this mosque. It is designed in such a way that the sound of the call to prayer resounds far and wide.
- Attraction: There is also a huge ground covered with grass and trees in the mosque which is very beautiful and is a part of the beauty of this mosque.
- Location: Masjid-e-Tooba is located at the phase 2 of DHA ( Defence Housing Authority ), Karachi city, province of Sindh, Pakistan.
PAF stands for Pakistan Air Force. This museum is a tribute to all the Air Force Colonel leaders and veterans who were martyred in 1965 and 1971 and a corner has been dedicated to them.
Every piece of information is written on the pillars of that corner. It looks very attractive and beautiful. Along with the museum, there is a large, beautiful, and clean park in which many planes and jets are kept and their details are written there.
A majority of the aircraft, weapons, and radar are displayed outside in the park but all the main features of major fighter aircraft used by the Pakistan Air Force are inside the museum. It is considered among the famous places to visit in Karachi. It is completely a family place you can go with your family here. Group of boys only does not allow there should be one lady with you then you can enter the museum.
In winter, winter land is also held in this museum where the temperature is -10 degrees and it is very beautifully decorated. I suggest you visit the winter land once.
- Things to do: There are many rides you can take. Here is also a play area for children.
- Entry Ticket: Entry ticket per person is 60 Rupees ( ages 3 and above ). People of military families and student with ID cards charge 40 Rupees for entry.
- Winter Land Ticket: Weekdays for one person is 999 Rupees and on weekends 1200 Rupees.
- Location: PAF Museum is located at Shahrah-e-Faisal Road, Faisal cantonment in Karachi city, Sindh, Pakistan.
Pakistan Maritime Museum
Pakistan Maritime Museum is a very beautiful and attractive museum located in Karachi. The museum is spread over an area of 28 acres and has both a park and a museum. The museum is also known as the Navy museum.
This museum contains everything that was used in the wars of the 1990s, including the most famous Dophne Class Submarine PNS Hangor ( S131 ) which was used in crashing the marines of India, The minesweeper PNS Mujahid ( M164 ), Breguet Atlantic Aircraft, a Wooden barge and many more.
Along with all these machinery, their history, and deeds are also written which adds to the information of the incoming tourists. People consider this place to be one of the best places to visit in Karachi as this museum plus park is very beautiful and clean.
The lush greenery and beautiful flowers in this museum are very attractive. The museum has a river-like space in which the water offers a beautiful view.
Arrangements are made for various events in the park and tourists enjoy it. There are different swings, Stalls of different brands and items are available. At night, the beauty of the place is further enhanced by the lights which impress the oncoming tourists.
- Attractions: Large and varied machinery, lush greenery, and beautiful park are its attractions.
- Things to do: Swings, Different stalls, and students come here for picnic and get all the history information.
Dreamworld Resort, Hotel & Golf Course
One of the most famous places in Karachi is the dreamworld resort. The resort is the largest and most popular holiday destination in Karachi city.
It is one of the best resorts in Pakistan. There are two types of visitors, one for membership and the other for non-members. Non-member visitors can visit the best water slides, pools, artificial sea, and many more places in these resorts.
People get membership in this resort and enjoy the facilities here. The membership of this resort is much more expensive.
You can also come here as a visitor and enjoy some of the facilities here. Here you can enjoy Bull riding, Horse riding, Golf, Table tennis, Bowling, and many indoor games.
There is also a desert safari and if you have a license, you must take a buggy ride with friends and you can have a race with them. You will find excellent cricket ground, large pools, and an artificial sea.
You will find plenty of luxury restaurants inside for lunch and dinner and you will find the best restaurant for normal dining. You can have fun with your family and friends. I would definitely recommend you to visit this place.
- Attractions: Artificail sea, Resort’s rooms and Desert Safari.
- Things to do: Buggy ride, Horse riding, Swimming, Indoor games including table tennis, Bowling, Golf, Bull Riding, Desert Safari and many more you will find for fun.
- Location: Dreamworld resort is loacted at Gulshan-e-Maymar, Super Highway, Adjacent، Block R Taiser Town, Karachi, Sindh.
China Port Karachi
China Port is a few minutes away from Clifton in Karachi. This beach was discovered in 2018 and was built with the collaboration of China which is now very popular among tourists.
Tourists flock to this beautiful beach in large numbers and enjoy the beautiful scenery. This beach is considered one of the best beaches in Karachi and also bears the resemblance to the beaches of Balochistan.
You can come here with family and friends and bring food and water with you. No worries if you forget to bring food and water. There are many snacks stalls and mineral water available that will quench your light hunger.
The beauty of this beach is the beautiful and attractive Tetrapods which are made of concrete and offer a beautiful view.
This beach is one the famous places to visit in Karachi and the tranquil atmosphere of the beach attracts tourists.
If you want to come here, do not come on weekends as these days are very crowded with tourists. Tourists also come here for fishing and have a lot of fun. The Islands in the middle of the beach add to its beauty.
- Attractions: Tetrapods rocks and Islands in the middle of the beach are its attractions.
- Things to do: Tourists come here for picnics, catch fish, and do many more leisure activities.
The Chaukandi Tombs
The Chaukandi Tombs is located 29 km east of Karachi. The tombs of Jokhio family have been here for over 500 years.
There are also tombs of Baloch tribes here but this place, in particular, is known as Jokhoi tribe. As you reach this famous cemetery of Karachi, the graves of beautiful yellow stone carvings offer very captivating views.
The graves of men and women here have different carvings. Jewelry on women’s graves and turban-like carvings on men’s graves impress tourists.
This place is considered one of the famous places to visit in Karachi and people come in large numbers to see this unique and beautiful cemetery. People come here to see different, unique, and beautiful graves and take pictures.
- Attractions: The tombs with the yellow and beautiful carvings are its attractions.
- Things to do: You can take ancient information.
National Museum is one of the famous places to visit in Karachi. It is built in 1950 in frere hall. The art of Pakistani culture is displayed in this museum and the sculptures are kept and there is an inscription in front of each statue which you can read to get complete information.
In 1907, the museum had only four galleries and now has eleven galleries with a Quran gallery. The museum has more than 300 copies of the Quran.
While the other galleries contain cultural art, sculptures of the Gandhara civilization, Islamic art, small paintings, 58000 ancient coins, and documents of Pakistan’s political history, and the most interesting is the gallery of sculptures of the civilization of the four provinces. It is a beautiful and famous place to visit in Karachi for fun.
- Things to do: Specially for students and history enthusiasts they can get every kind of information of ancient history and culture.
- Entry ticket: Entry ticket for one person is 30 to 50 Rupees.
- Location: National Museum is located at Ziauddin road, Karachi, Pakistan.
Frere Hall was completed in 1865 by Sir Henry Bartle Edward Frere, who was the second commissioner of Sindh at that time. Henry Saint Clair Wilkins was chosen for this beautiful design.
This building is 150 years old and it is as beautiful today as it was before and people come from all over to see it. The hall also houses an Art Gallery and Library containing more than 70,000 books.
This beautiful hall has pointed arches, ribbed vaults, quatrefoils, and flying buttresses that add to its charm. The yellow marble on the building is designed with ovalite stones which looks very beautiful.
In front of this hall is a huge and beautiful park where tourists can walk and enjoy the fresh atmosphere. The beautiful fountain in the middle of the park impresses the tourists.
The place is now known as tiktokers land because many people come here to do photoshoots and make videos. There is also a flowers exhibition in this place in which more than 1 lac kinds of beautiful flowers or displayed which looks very beautiful.
There are many fairs in which book fair is very popular. It is one of the most famous places to visit in Karachi and it gives people a sense of belonging.
- Attractions: Beautiful architecture of this hall and huge green park are its attractions.
- Things to do: You can visit the art gallery and library. People do morning walks, photoshoots, and make videos here.
1. Which thing is famous in Karachi?
There are a lot of famous things in Karachi but the most famous are Sea View, Quaid-e-Azam Mausoleum, and Mohatta Palace if you want to know more about famous places so visit our website there you will find a lot for your trip.
2. Which is the most famous picnic place in Karachi?
The most famous place in Karachi is Sea View. Sea View is the beach in Karachi with lots of funs and rides and it is the most famous place among people for picnics.
3. Is Karachi safe?
Yes, Karachi is safe for tourists, the police and rangers keep patrolling, but you still have to protect your things and yourself too. By the way, there is nothing to worry about. You can visit Karachi freely and enjoy your trip.
4. Is Karachi worth visiting?
Yes, of course, Karachi is worth visiting, the people who live here and the others who comes to visit Karachi will surely love the places here for picnic, fun, and enjoyment. you will make beautiful memories while visiting Karachi.