Islamabad is the capital of Pakistan. Islamabad is a unique capital that is full of history, culture, and traditions. It is one of the most beautiful cities in Pakistan similarly there are a lot of most famous places in Islamabad for tourists.
The city is known for its numerous amusement parks, forests, and beauty. People come from far and wide to see the beauty of Islamabad and to visit the most famous Margalla hills and many other beautiful places.
1. The Faisal Mosque
The Faisal Mosque is one of the most famous places in Islamabad. The Faisal Mosque has the destination of being the largest mosque in Pakistan as well as the great mosque in South Asia. Faisal Mosque is in Islamabad, the capital of Pakistan which offers a beautiful view of the Margalla Hills at the far end of the city.
The Mosque covers a total area of 5000 square meters or 91984 feet. The style of construction of this Mosque has been done on the best design and there are 4 minarets on it. The Mosque reflects modern Turkish architecture.
Its beautiful minarets are up to 90 meters high. The inner height of this Mosque is 134 feet and the outer height is 150 feet. The design features eight-sided shell-shaped sloping roofs forming a triangular worship hall that can hold 10,000 worshippers. The Faisal Mosque can accommodate about 3 lakh worshippers.
This Mosque is included of the most famous places in Islamabad and the greenery around it enhances its beauty. This Mosque is the best attraction in Islamabad. People come from far and wide to see this Mosque.
- Attractions: Quranic verses are inscribed on the inner walls of this Mosque with the help of modern calligraphy.
- Location: Faisal Mosque is located at Shah Faisal Avenue, E-8, Islamabad, Pakistan.
2. Pakistan Monument
Pakistan Monument is located in Islamabad in the mountains of Shakarparia. Its construction started on May 25, 2004, and was completed in 2006. The design of the Pakistan Monument is like the petals of blooming flowers. There is a total of 7 leaves, of which 4 are big and 3 are small. The 4 big leaves are representing the culture of Punjab, Balochistan, Sindh, and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and the 3 small leaves are representing Azad Kashmir, Gilgit Baltistan, and FATA.
This Pakistan Monument is dedicated to those who sacrificed their lives today for a better tomorrow. In front of the Pakistan Monument, there is Pakistan Monument Museum. This Museum was established in 2010. This Museum was built to pay tribute to our heroes.
The Museum has many sculptures that represent the ancient culture and is a very informative place for history enthusiasts. This beautiful place is one of the most famous places in Islamabad and it is the best attraction in Islamabad. This place is the center of attention of tourists from Pakistan and other countries.
The museum consists of the audio, video library, beliefs, conference hall, and auditorium. The 62 seat auditorium with the conference hall is known as the Panorama hall. It is reminiscent of important events.
- Attractions: As you step into the Pakistan Monument, you see the handprints of some people on your right or left. These are the handprints of those who took part in the construction of this Pakistan Monument.
- Things to do: There are some arches at the back of the Pakistan Monument from where you can see the beautiful view of the whole of Islamabad. History enthusiasts will find very important information in this museum.
- Entry ticket: The entry ticket for adults is 20 rupees and for children 10 rupees ( 1 year to the 7-year free entry ).
Tuesday to Sunday: 10:00 am to 7:45 pm.
- Location: Pakistan Monument Museum is located at Srinagar highway, Islamabad, Pakistan.
Daman-e-Koh is a very beautiful and charming place located at an altitude of 3600 feet on the top of Margalla Hills. This place is the center of attention of every tourist and is one of the most famous places in Islamabad.
It is touching the height of the sky, these mountains and the lush green trees, plants, and shrubs on them attract tourists because of their attractions. If you are on tour in Islamabad and do not count Daman-e-Koh then you lost a big chance.
A very beautiful and most famous place in Islamabad for a visit where you will be lost in the enchanting scenery of nature. Along the way, you will see many monkeys.
Daman-e-Koh visit early in the morning and sees with your own eyes the beautiful view of the rising sun and the beautiful view of the setting of the sun in the evening. If you want to do shopping in Islamabad, not much but you will find here some food items, games, and swings for children. Daman-e-Koh is the best attraction in Islamabad.
- Attractions: The greenery and beautiful scenery of Daman-e-Koh look very charming.
- Things to do: Hiking, horse riding, camel riding, swings for children, and many more stalls of food.
- Location: Daman-e-Koh is located at Daman-e-Koh road, E-7, Islamabad.
4. Margalla Hills
Margalla Hills is a beautiful place in Islamabad covered with trees and full of beauty. It is one of the most famous places in Islamabad.
The Margalla range has an area of 12605 hectares. It is located in the foothills of the Himalayas, North of Islamabad. This hill is a part of Murree hills and it is a range with many valleys and high mountains.
The most visited and best place in Islamabad where people come for hiking. For hiking enthusiasts, there are many trails to be made while hiking you will see many masterpieces of nature and you will never forget the eye-popping scenes.
- Things to do: Hiking at trails 2,3,4,5,6, and 7 with direction.
- Attractions: The natural beauty and environment of this place attract tourists.
- Location: Margalla Hills are located to the North of the capital city of Islamabad, Pakistan.
5. Shakarparian National Park
One of the best places to visit in Islamabad is Shakarparian National Park. Tourists come in large numbers and enjoy the views here.
On May 24, 1960, the master plan of Islamabad under the chairmanship of Muhammad Ayub Khan was approved at this place. Just as you know the beauty of Islamabad cannot be described in words, so also the beauty of Shakarparian National Park cannot be described in words.
You will feel very calm in the morning. People come from far and wide to visit the place. When special personalities come to Head Office State Pakistan, then they come to this place and plant their name. The greenery of this place adds to its beauty and the place is well-maintained as important personalities must visit here.
There are the best restaurants, swings, and a variety of stalls for tourists. Horse and camel riding is a way to be fun for visitors. There is no better place than this if you are looking forward to a photo shoot.
- Attractions: Lush greenery and beautiful big trees.
- Things to do: Restaurants, Camel riding, Horse riding, Swings, and Stalls for shopping.
- Location: Shakarparian National Park is located near the Zero Point Interchange in Islamabad, Pakistan.
6. Lake View Park
Lake view park is located on Murree Road in Islamabad. This park is one of the largest and best amusement parks in Islamabad.
The park is spread over a large area. locals from Islamabad and tourists from far and wide definitely visit this park because this park is one of the best places to visit in Islamabad.
The park has the best swings and lots of things for fun and leisure. The park is also called Rawal lake view park because of its view of Rawal Dam. As you entered this park you start to see beautiful scenery. The park has swings for children and adults.
In this park, various types of tracks have been made in which motorbikes are used. Children and adults do motorbikes on these tracks with complete safety. In this park, people in cartoon costumes for children pay close attention to the children.
The tourists also do horse riding here. The park has snacks and pizza shops. The park also has an excellent cafeteria for tourists where you can dine with your family.
The park has gazebos built over the lack and people enjoy the beautiful scenery from here. People do boating and fishing here.
You must come here with family and friends. It offers an amazing and attractive view. If you have come to Islamabad or are a resident there then we will definitely suggest you come here.
- Attractions: Beautiful lake view and amazing swings.
- Things to do: Swings, horse riding, boating, fishing, cafeteria, and much more things to do.
- Location: Lake view park is located near Village Malpur Rawal Lake, on Murree Road in Islamabad, Pakistan.
7. Saidpur Village
Saidpur Village is also one of the most famous places in Islamabad. Saidpur Village is about 500 years old and is located in Margalla Hills. This village is the best and most famous tourist destination in Islamabad. The beauty of this village lies in its ancient culture, lush greenery, and 200-year-old trees.
Locals and foreigners flock here in large numbers for leisure. There are many restaurants in this village but the most famous is Des Pardes Restaurants. The village also has a Mughal-era mansion that is a big tourist attraction.
- Attractions: The 200-year-old Mosque, Temple, and Gurdwara is the reason for the attraction of this village.
- Location: Saidpur Village is located in a ravine in the Margalla Hills, near Daman-e-Koh, Islamabad, Pakistan.
8. Lok Virsa Heritage Museum
The Lok Virsa Heritage Museum in Islamabad is a point where information about the culture of not only Pakistan but the whole world is available. It is one of the best places to visit in Islamabad.
The Museum covers an area of 60,000 square ft. Thousands of locals and foreigners come here to enjoy the culture, tradition, languages, and regional traditions of all the provinces of Pakistan under one roof.
Millions of people come here every year to attend frequent festivals and cultural music to enjoy many activities and gathered a lot of information.
- Things to do: There are many books here and you will find a lot to read and learned about the culture here.
- Attractions: The beauty of the Lok Virsa Heritage Museum lies in its sculptures and their cultural costumes and the painting here are the center of attention of the people.
- Entry Ticket: The entry Ticket for locals is 50 rupees and for foreigners its 500 rupees. ( Under 7 years of age ): free.
Tuesday to Sunday: 10:00 am to 8:00 pm.
- Location: Lok Virsa Heritage Museum is located at Garden Avenue, Shakarparian Road, Islamabad, Pakistan.
9. Pakistan National Council of Arts (PNCA)
The art council was opened to the people of Islamabad on August 26, 2007. It is located on a small hill in front of the parliament house and the presidency.
The four-story building of the art council has 14 galleries including a display area, lecture hall, workshop room, library, and an indoor and open-air theater.
This art council is one of the famous places in Islamabad. There are art exhibitions and many cultural shows exist which attract a large number of tourists The highlight of this place is its art gallery which has original paintings by famous Pakistani artists in which the collection of Sadiqin and Ustad Allah Baksh is the best.
Many stage shows are also performed here. You must come with your family and friends to enjoy the ambiance here.
This art council organizes a program every Sunday for people which is very much enjoyed by the visitors. There is also a play area for children which does not a lot of children get bored.
- Attractions: Beautiful art gallery is its attraction.
- Things to do: Stage shows, art exhibitions, cultural programs, and many more things to do.
- Location: Pakistan National Council of Arts is located behind the Marriot hotel Islamabad.
10. Pakistan Museum Of Natural History
This museum is one of the best museums in Pakistan and is considered one of the most famous places in Islamabad. Everything in it is natural, so it is called the Pakistan museum of natural history.
The museum was established in 1976 by the Pakistan science foundation in collaboration with the ministry of science and technology. The museum displays scientific research so that students and many more can learn about natural things.
There are 6 galleries in this museum that help people to know the natural history of Pakistan in which Bio Gallery, Tethys Gallery, Eco Gallery, Gemstones Gallery, Palaeo Gallery, and Virtual Orientation Gallery are included.
There are also many different types of natural stones, and handmade items, including Zebra, Crocodile, Snakes, Turtles, Parrots, etc. You will also find many animals skeletons here. On the wall of its entrance is a real Blue Whale skeleton which looks very attractive.
There are also colorful art paintings that touch the heart. There is also a research office for the special researcher where a lot of information is provided and also visit this place. Tourists should also visit this place to know about the natural resources.
- Attractions: Beautiful galleries and different types of animal skeletons are its attractions.
- Things to do: Students and nature enthusiasts can take the information about natural things.
- Location: Pakistan museum of natural history is located at Shakarparian National Park, Garden Ave, Islamabad.
11. Simly Dam
Simly Dam was completed in 1983 in the beautiful city of Islamabad, Pakistan. Simly Dam is one of the largest and most beautiful dams in Islamabad.
The dam is about 260 feet high and has a maximum length of 11km. The dam is also a source of drinking water for the people of Islamabad. This place is one of the best places to visit in Islamabad.
The water in this dam is stored in the dam after the snow melts from the hills of Murree. There are two entrances to the dam, one of which passes through a tunnel, for which you must have permission.
Many wild animals are also found in the forests around this dam. It would be better to visit this place during the day. People also do fishing and boating for fun and enjoyment.
If you want to come to this place, don’t come with family because there is no facility for this place, you will have to make all the arrangements yourself. This place can be a great picnic spot to hang out with friends.
- Attractions: Beautiful mountains and forests around the dam and the clear crystal blue water are its attraction.
- Things to do: Fishing, Boating, and you can do many activities by yourself.
12. Pharwala Fort
Pharwala Fort was built in the 11th century on the ruins of an old Hindu Fort by Kai-Gohar, ruler of Ghakar. The Fort was conquered by the Mughal Emperor Babar in 1519 and was later returned to the Ghakar after reconciliation with the Ghakar.
This fort is one of the most famous places in Islamabad and it is also considered to be one of the hidden places in Islamabad which is a bit difficult to reach.
There is no road to this fort, you have to cross the river on foot. As you cross the river you will come across beautiful scenery including beautiful and clear water flowing river, greenery, and mountains.
A small population of Ghakars about 50 people still lives inside the fort. This beautiful fort has 5 gates. Those who want to know the history must visit this fort.
Locals can easily come here while foreigners need NOC to access it. There is also a mosque in this famous fort which is about two hundred years old. By visiting this fort you can enjoy the natural scenery which is very attractive and attracts the attention of tourists.
- Attractions: 5 gates of this fort, mountainous views, and 200 years old mosque are its attractions.
- Things to do: History enthusiasts can get information about this ancient fort, and create leisure opportunities here.
13. Neela Sandh
Neela Sandh is a very attractive tourist destination in Kotli Sattian, 35 to 40 km from Rawalpindi. It is a beautiful natural waterfall surrounded by mountains and greenery.
The water of this waterfall is clear crystal blue which looks very attractive. This place is one of the most famous places in Islamabad and it is considered one of the hidden places of Islamabad.
Tourists flock to this place in large numbers and enjoy the most beautiful and charming views. The water of this waterfall is very cold and people visit this place, especially in summer.
The water depth is high so it is important to use life jackets while swimming. There is also a hotel called Neela Sandh above the mountains where the tourists come and rent rooms and spend memorable moments here. You can also camp here.
This is a great family picnic spot so be sure to visit this place its view is very attractive and soul-touching.
- Attractions: The flow of water between the rocks, mountains, and greenery are its attractions.
- Things to do: Swimming, camping, and the hotel.
14. Bird Aviary
The Bird Aviary is the third-largest aviary in the world located in Islamabad. It is spread over 3.8 acres of land.
The aviary is home to more than 4000 different species of birds that attract tourists. This place is considered one of the most famous places in Islamabad and tourists come here in large numbers.
Each bird has very large cages so that the birds can fly easily. Beautiful parrots of different colors and breeds are the hallmark of the aviary and there are many different birds that impress children.
A large number of domestic and foreign tourists visit this place. The beautiful sounds of birds chirping in this aviary delight the tourists. The charming natural environment of this aviary is very popular among tourists.
- Attractions: Different species and colorful birds are its attractions.
- Things to do: Information about birds, a big area where children can play, and some swings for children.
15. Bruti Waterfall
Bruti Waterfall is located in Margalla Hills in Islamabad which is considered one of the hidden places in Islamabad. This place is at a distance of 20 km from Islamabad where you will find Loh-e-Dandi parking area where you can park your vehicle.
From here you have to travel to Bari Imam Shrine on foot. Bruti waterfall is a chain of water ponds that will take you to the top of Margalla Hills.
People enjoy the view of these different ponds while hiking on Margalla Hills and most people stop here and follow this flowing water to reach Bruti waterfall.
It is also one of the most famous places in Islamabad and tourists come here and enjoy the beautiful scenery. The clear water flowing from the rocks offers a very amazing view.
You can get very tired while hiking so bring food and water with you to avoid any kind of trouble.
- Attractions: Beautiful lush greenery and clear crystal water flowing from rocks are its attractions.
- Things to do: Hiking and swimming with safety.
16. Shah Allah Dita Cave
Shah Allah Dita Cave is located in Shah Allah Dita, a historic village at the foot of Margalla Hills in Islamabad which is thousand of years old. This cave is also called Budhha cave.
This cave is located next to the shrine of Shah Allah Dita. The caves here are twenty-four hundred years old and there are Buddhist impressions on these caves which are disappearing with the passage of time.
It is said that great personalities passed through here and it was also used for this inn. This place is one of the most famous places in Islamabad and it is also considered a hidden place in Islamabad.
There is a family living in this cave who belong to this cave and they have been living here for many years. Tourists and history buffs flock to this place in large numbers and know its history. The same family will also take you on a tour of the place as a guide.
Tourists love the natural beauty of this place as well. There is a well and a mosque built by Shahabuddin Ghauri on an hour hike from this place. Tourists come and enjoy the natural beauty in a very quiet environment.
- Attractions: Beautiful caves, ancient and big trees, and mountains around it with greenery are its attractions.
- Things to do: History information, caves, and hiking.